Let’s continue on our quest to healthy well being shall we? I have mentioned muscle mass, as if you already know what it is in previous tips. What is muscle mass? Simply defined as the overall space a muscle consumes. So, building muscle mass is to alleviate the fat, and increase the size and strength of that muscle. Decreasing your fat percentage in your body ensures that you will be fit, however, your body NEEDS some fat to run effectively.
On that note, nutrition is 80% of your quest to be healthy, leaving just 20% to the exercise for which you participate. To properly fuel your body, you need to increase your protein, iron, and complex carbohydrate intake. (The occasional comfort food is FINE.) I personally have done research to invest in whey protein to fuel my muscles and body with correct nutrients. Another victory towards healthy living is to decrease your portion size or only eat till you are satisfied NOT full.
REMEMBER: Fitness and living healthy is about feeling good, and not about losing that # pound!